What is the GDPR?
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a regulation by which the European Parliament, the Council of the European Union and the European Commission intend to strengthen and unify data protection for all individuals within the European Union (EU). It enforces laws based on a set of principles that businesses which handle personal data of EU citizens should follow.
These fundamental principles state that personal data should be:
- processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to the data subject
- collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes
- adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed
- accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date
- kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed
- processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures
StaffTraveler and the GDPR
StaffTraveler complies with the GDPR. We built the platform with privacy, data protection, security and the GDPR in mind. Also, we made sure that our data sub-processors are all GDPR compliant.
For more information, contact us at email@example.com.